1. Chicken: 1 whole chickens minimum
2. Pork Loin: ½ Pork Loin minimum
3. Ribs: 1 rack minimum
4. Burgers: 6 Burgers. Minimum (Must be predominately beef)
5. Pizza: 1 Large minimum (Must be real cheese)
6. Beans: Free with Paid Entry – 1 pint Beans
Chicken – 5 PM • Pork Loin – 5:30 PM • Ribs – 6 PM • Pizza & Beans – 7 PM
Entries will be accepted any time after July 1, 2012 until meat inspection time or until entries are filled.
1. Contestants must provide their own meat and equipment.
2. Teams may cook with wood, charcoal, pellets or gas.
3. Meant must not be pre cooked, sauced, spiced or marinated prior to meat inspection.
4. Meat cannot be sold by contestant to the public.
5. Meat must be kept at or below 40 degrees F before cooking and above 140 degrees After.
6. Numbered containers for judging will be provided by the fair
7. No smoking is allowed near the food.
8. Space is limited, you may bring a tent no larger than 10 ft x 10 ft
9. The contest is tentatively located at the north end of the Fairgrounds near the Open Exhibit Hall
Questions Contact Kevin Miller at (319) 465-4311 or (319) 480-5555
Gate admission will be $10 this year and can be purchased at the gates. Gate admission is not included in the cost of an event ticket. Children 10 years of age and under get free gate admission.
Gets you in the Gate for the 5 days of the fair. Cost is $29 if purchased in April or May and $32 thereafter. Available by coming in or calling the Fair Office
Also available at many banks in Monticello, Anamosa, Cascade and Wyoming.
Call the Fair Office at 319-465-3275 for Information and Availability of Handicapped seating.