1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Ribbons will be awarded in each class. A Best of Show rosette and a $20.00 premium will be awarded to the highest-scored wine. $10.00 - 1st place in each class; $5.00 - 2nd place; $3.00 - 3rd place. Wines made by the entrant will be accepted in the following classes:
1. Wild Fruit Wine
11. Berry Wine, Dry
1. Wine shall be in standard wine bottles, 23 to 30 ounces, with all labels removed and fair tag attached. Bottles shall contain at least 20 ounces of wine.
2. When making entries, the exhibitor must give a description of each wine by the main ingredient (i.e. cherry, rhubarb, carrot, grape, etc.)
3. Exhibitors must enter their entries on Monday, July 16th from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
4. Exhibitors must pick up entries on Sunday, July 22nd from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. if not taken before.
5. Exhibits entered in the wrong class in the opinion of the judge will be reclassified or disqualified at the discretion of the Superintendent.
NOTE: The wine judge will announce the winners and answer questions on wine-making at 4 p.m. Wednesday, July 18th in the Golf Club. All persons interested in wine-making or wines are most welcome to attend the 4 p.m. session. Exhibitors may take entries after this session if desired. (Judging tuesday evening, July 17th, at 3:30 p.m.
Gate admission will be $10 this year and can be purchased at the gates. Gate admission is not included in the cost of an event ticket. Children 10 years of age and under get free gate admission.
Gets you in the Gate for the 5 days of the fair. Cost is $29 if purchased in April or May and $32 thereafter. Available by coming in or calling the Fair Office
Also available at many banks in Monticello, Anamosa, Cascade and Wyoming.
Call the Fair Office at 319-465-3275 for Information and Availability of Handicapped seating.