Amateur Wine Making Competition
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Ribbons will be awarded in each class. A Best of Show Rosette and a $20.00 premium will be awarded to the highest-scored wine. $10.00 - 1st place in each class; $5.00 - 2nd place; $3.00 - 3rd place. Wines made by the entrant will be accepted in the following classes:
1. Wild Fruit Wine
11. Berry Wine, Dry
1. Wine shall be in standard wine bottles, 23 to 30 ounces, with all labels removed and fair tag attached. Bottles shall contain at least 20 ounces of wine.
2. When making entries, the exhibitor must give a description of each wine by the main ingredient (i.e. cherry, rhubarb, carrot, grape, etc.)
3. Exhibitors must enter their entries on Monday, July 15 from 9:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
4. Exhibitors must pick up entries on Sunday, July 21 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. if not taken before.
5. Exhibits entered in the wrong class in the opinion of the judge will be reclassified or disqualified at the discretion of the Superintendent.
NOTE: The wine judge will announce the winners and answer questions on wine-making at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 16 in the Golf Club. All persons interested in wine-making or wines are most welcome to attend the 5:30 p.m. session. Exhibitors may take entries after this session if desired. (Judging Tuesday afternoon, July 16, at 1:00 p.m. – NOT OPEN FOR THE PUBLIC)
Contests & Open Shows
Open Horse Show
Open Swine Show
Kiddie Beef Show
Kiddie Goat Show
Kiddie Dairy Show
Nemmers Best Photo Contest
Subway Cookie Contest
Wine Making Contest
Daily Gate Admission: $10
Gate admission can be purchased at the gates. Before the fair season gate admission can be purchased at the fair office or the banks of Jones County. During the fair season gate admissions can be purchased at the gates. Gate admission is not included in the cost of an event ticket. Children 10 years of age and under get free gate admission.
• Bags Subject to Search
• No Coolers Allowed
• No Pets Allowed on Grounds
Gets you in the Gate for the 5 days of the fair. Cost is $30 if purchased in April or May and $33 thereafter. Available by coming in or calling the Fair Office
Also available at many banks in Monticello, Anamosa, Cascade and Wyoming.
Call the Fair Office at 319-465-3275 for Information and Availability of Accessible seating.
Contact Us:Office Hours: